23/10/10

I can't believe it. Here we are in St. Petersburg and once again there is an English style bar right next door. It's called the Office and sells Guinness, Kilkenny, Bombardier, Marstons Oyster Stout, Newcastle Brown and cider besides the local beers. I guess traditional English ales are becoming increasingly popular all around the world. Great, it's not just the language. Anyway, it was the one and only time when going to the Office was an absolute pleasure, thanks to Marstons Oyster Stout, oh, the food isn't bad either. A good night was followed by a good nights sleep. Today we visited St. Isaac's Cathedral, another masterpeice, followed by a walk down the main street Nevsky Prospekt where all the top designer shops are. They make some really tasty pies here, both savoury and sweet and we indulged ourselves at lunchtime. I would even go so far as to say that they are probably the best pies in the world. Yes Mrs. Mac of down under fame, they beat yours hands down! Between marvelling at the wonderful architectural delights this city has in such great abundance and enjoying the delights of the tasty pastries on offer I managed to get a haircut. I hope I did the right thing, it's brass monkey weather here. It was snowing most of last evening while we were ensconced in the warm atmospere of the Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment